ANA AT A GLANCE
• ANA, Japan’s only 5-star airline, operates 7 daily flights between Europe to Japan. (London Heathrow, Paris, Frankfurt and Munich service flies to Tokyo Haneda Airport. Brussels and Dusseldorf service flies to Tokyo Narita Airport)
• Largest airline in Japan by revenues and passenger numbers and employs 35,000 globally
• Founded in 1952, ANA flies today on 87 international routes and 114 domestic routes through unrivalled connections via Haneda Airport, including Osaka, Fukuoka, Sapporo and Kagawa
• Fleet of 260 aircraft, consisting of 10 different fleet models
• In 2015, it flew 50.8 million passengers and generated revenues of 1.79 trillion yen
• ANA’s Frequent Flyer Program, ANA Mileage Club, has more than 26 million members
• Launch customer and largest operator of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner
• ANA has been a member of Star Alliance since 1999, and has joint-ventures with United Airlines on trans-Pacific and Asia routes, and with Lufthansa, Swiss International Airlines and Austrian Airlines on Japan-Europe routes.
AWARDS + HONOURS
• 2016: Awarded 5* for the 4th consecutive year by SKYTRAX, leading Airline & Airport review site
• 2015: ANA was awarded Best Long-Haul Airline by the Business Travel Awards
• 2013: ANA was voted Airline of the Year by Air Transport World Magazine
BOEING 787 DREAMLINER
ANA helped develop the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, with input throughout the design process, and was its launch customer in 2011. Today ANA is the largest operator of the aircraft, with 35 B787-8 and 9 B787-9 aircraft.
ANA became the country’s first carrier to take delivery of an Airbus A320neo (new engine option). The aircraft was handed over in Hamburg, Germany on December 15, and ANA began operating it on short-haul international routes such as routes to China in mid-January 2017
STAR WARS™ PARTNERSHIP
In 2015, ANA unveiled the first aircraft in the world to be decorated with Star Wars livery as part of its five-year partnership with The Walt Disney Company (Japan) Ltd. The first R2-D2™ ANA Jet commenced service on international routes in October.
The second plane is decorated with BB-8, a brand new character from Star Wars: The Force Awakens and began flying domestic Japanese routes in November 2015. International services for the BB-8 ANA Jet launched in March 2016.
A third plane is the C-3PO™ ANA Jet and will start flying on domestic routes in Japan from the end of March 2017. For more information on the ANA Star Wars Project, please visit: www.ana-sw.com.
IS JAPAN COOL?
‘IS JAPAN COOL?’ is ANA’s online destination offering a wide choice of stories about old and new Japan - from traditional customs to the latest trends and culture. Visit www.ana-cooljapan.com